The Old Andover Town Hall
The building now known as The Andover Hub was originally built in 1879 to serve as Andover's Town Hall. In that capacity it was used for generations of selectmen's meetings, town meetings, elections, graduations, dances and basketball games. When a gym was added to the Andover School in 1963, the town decided the old town hall was no longer needed for that function, and since many of the other functions had also moved into other spaces, the building was sold to a private owner.
Over the next 50 years, it held a chair factory, professional offices and, most recently, a medical billing company. Internal changes added a second floor in the 1980s, walled off the stage for a dance and karate studio, and divided up the large open first floor into a series of small offices and conference rooms.
Purchased at auction in November of 2016 by a group of residents. The Andover Community Hub is now a non-profit organization. The Hub provides community meeting space and programming for area residents of all ages.